The official language of the meeting is English.
- Biochemical education (new!)
- Biotechnology and bionanotechnology
- Cell signaling and membranes
- Functional genomics and systems biology
- Molecular basis of disease (2 sections)
- Molecular interactions and networking
- Protein structure and function
- Synthetic biology
For the first time there will be a section on Biochemical education. Participants are invited to submit abstracts both to this section as well as to one of the research topics (for a single registration fee).
- Gregor Anderluh, National Institute of Chemistry (Slovenia)
- Blaž Cigić, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty (Slovenia)
- Laurent Devel, French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (France)
- Kristina Djinović Carugo, University of Vienna (Austria) & EMBL Grenoble (France)
- Daniel A. Jacobson, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (United States of America)
- Manjunatha R. Kini, National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Ajasja Ljubetič, National Institute of Chemistry (Slovenia)
- Ines Mandić Mulec, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty (Slovenia)
- Miha Moškon, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science (Slovenia)
- Gustav Oberdorfer, Graz University of Technology (Austria)
- Milica Peršić Nanut, Jožef Stefan Institute (Slovenia)
- Hrvoje Petković, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty (Slovenia)
- Ferhan Sağin, Ege University (Turkey)
- Smita Saxena, University of Bern (Switzerland)
- Katarina Trebušak Podkrajšek, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine (Slovenia)
- Boris Turk, Jožef Stefan Institute (Slovenia)
- Gil Westmeyer, Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- Kenneth Witwer, Johns Hopkins Medicine (United States of America)
The FEBS National Lecturer
Prof. Anke Becker
Philips-Universität Marburg, Marburg, Germany
For easy viewing and to be up-to-date with any last minute changes to the programme you are invited to subscribe to our shared calendar in your favourite calendar app. Please note that for changes to be syncronized you need to subscribe to the calendar, not just download&import the ics file. To get the calendar URL right-click this link and select "Copy Link" (or similar, depending on the browser you use).
To subscribe in Google Calendar use option "Add + > From URL" and copy&paste the link provided here, as described in the help. For other calendar apps, please consult the relevant instructions.
All lecturers and presenters are kindly asked to respect the alloted time (listed on the special info page).
Programme (PDF) is available in two forms:
- programme outline (the same as shown below)
- detailed programme listing all lectures, presentations, posters, and social events
Abstracts of lectures and poster presentations are available in the Book of Abstracts (digital form only).
Abstract submission deadline
15 May 2023
extended: 2 June 2023
15 March – 2 June 2023
Deadline for booking hotel accommodation
5 September 2023
1 June – 15 September 2023
20–23 September 2023